Saturday 22 July 2017

Interview with filmmaker Kurtz Frausun

  Straight Jacket Guerrilla Film Festival  (2017)

What does your film Peacock express about today’s generation?
That they are desperately searching for definition. The Artist for his Muse. We are a blank and lost generation with too much empty hope. 


What social circumstances lead you to make your new film?
I broke up with my ex before the start of the film after she tried stabbing me during a nervous breakdown. She was my Muse and after losing her, especially with a threat to my life, I realized I needed to document my experience. I spent two months editing with barely any sleep. Started hallucinating, but made it through. 


What do you think about the PINK8 Manifesto & Punk Cinema?
Punk Cinema is what we need more of. Hollywood is a shit storm that, with any hope, will come crashing down on itself like a diseased temple. 


Whats next for you?
I'm opening my own gallery in Irving where I will be featuring my kinky photography work. I'm also working on a documentary about the Trans experience.